GenieBelt has three kind of roles: Owner, Admins and Members.
Owner & Admins
The creator of a project is automatically put as the project owner. If you want to transfer ownership of a project to another participants please contact us at support @ geniebelt.com. The only difference between the Admin and the Owner role is that only the project owner can delete the entire project.
Here's what Admins & Owners can do:
- Task module: Add/edit tasks, assign tasks, request update from members, delete tasks, add tags, report progress, write comments on tasks
- Documents module: Add and edit folders/documents in all company folders
- Drawings module: Issue drawings, amend issues and delete issues on behalf of all companies
- People page: Add project participants and companies into the project, upgrade members to admins, remove participants from the project
If you're creating a project, we advise to keep the majority of project participants as members. Here's what members can do:
- Task module: Report progress on tasks, write comments on tasks
- Documents module: Add and edit folders/documents in their company folder
- Drawings module: Issue drawings, amend issues and delete issues on behalf of their company
- People page: Add project participants into their company, leave a project
How to change the role of a user
Next to the profile pictures of all project members you find a small icon, which shows you the users current role. Project Admins change role of a user by clicking the icon next to the users profile picture, and selecting either Member or Admin.
Hint: A crown represents Owner, the captain cap represents Admins and a construction hard hat represents Members.